- Underdeveloped countries
- Your community
- Every country and community in the world
- Up to 50% of patients are already malnourished upon admission to the hospital
- Malnutrition is one of the main reasons for hospital readmissions
- Costs of hospital care can be up to 3-times greater for malnourished patients compared to their well-nourished peers.
- Been sick, injured, or have an underlying health issue?1
- Experienced loss of appetite?2
- Lost weight without trying?2
If you answered yes to two of these questions, click here to find out more information specific to your needs and interests (i.e., clinician, healthcare administrator, patient or care giver, minister of health, or have an interest in nutrition) >
- Jensen GL, Hsiao PY, Wheeler D. Adult nutrition assessment tutorial. JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr. 2012;36:267-274.
- Ferguson M, Capra S, Bauer J, et al. Development of a valid and reliable malnutrition screening tool for adult acute hospital patients. Nutr. 1999;15:458-464.